Friday, May 07, 2004

Retirement's a bore. I've had nothing to do aside from reading Carmilla by candle light. I figured, since I've got no electricity, might as well curl up with a good nineteenth century vampire novel and see what it would have been like reading it in 1871. Now I know...and I am SO ready to come out of retirement. I'm at a friend's house today, where I just worked out (hopefully) all the madness surrounding my electric bill. Now that it's all (hopefully!!!) settled, they actually owe me money! The world's gone off its nut. So I am happy to announce that I may be coming out of retirement by May 12th, when my elecricity will (HOPEFULLY!!!!!!) be turned back on. In the meantime, I will continue my candle light readings from the various creaking-with-age tomes in my library.