Thursday, March 08, 2007

So I'm still working on getting the final changes done on Metrognomes. Also, it seems my publishing associate has changed for the project, but I haven't heard anything from the new one yet. I hope to have it all turned in by tomorrow afternoon. Then I intend to get back to The Chronicles of Nightfire, Texas for the rest of March.
I've been thinking a lot about short stories lately. I plan to write a few as time permits between major projects. The last several I've published have been sort of cryptic and abstract. They were more about their messages than anything else. It's been a while since I published a good adventure story, or a chilling tale of ghosts or baby-eating monstrosities. I think that will change (minus the baby-eating), now that I've finally dealt with all of the trauma I went through three years ago. (I'm a writer. I cope through my work. Thank you for indulging me.) I'm ready to get back to stories that aren't just coded morality plays. I want to get back to stories that tug on your emotions and make you believe in new characters and feel their struggles. I'm leaning towards the fantasy genre too. There's a story I abandoned a while back that I'd like to get back to, as well as several small adventures in the Metrognomes Realm I'd like to share with you.
I can't say when you'll see these stories, or even when I'll write them. All I can say is that this is the direction my imagination is taking me in right now, which is a good thing, considering my next major project after finishing the current Nightfire story arch is book II in the Metrognomes series. I'm excited about writing new things. I just have to get through the revision process with the current project, so that I can get to it all.