Wednesday, May 12, 2004

My electricity came back on at 9:07 this morning and scared the crap out of me. Suddenly the eternal silence was broken! So, I am happy to announce that I have officially come out of retirement. I went back to work red-inking the Metrognomes manuscript right away. Did chapter 5. Then, joy of joys, I got that new-fangled, at least several years less old computer to work properly! So here I am, back at the ACTUAL author's desk, typing this entry and feeling about a thousand pounds lighter. Now I have a LOT of catching up to do! It's still going to be quite a job getting all my old files off the old computer tomorrow. Then getting back to my work on the still-only-maybe-happening reissue of "The Ghost in the Olive Grove," rescheduling my meeting with Molly Brimer, and getting on top of the Metrognomes redraft! So there you have it. And we'll just see how much of it I can actually get done in a day. :)