Thursday, September 06, 2007

Many apologies for the long silence. I've been busy with youth stuff. Fortunately, the good people at iUniverse have also been busy. The cover of Metrognomes is finished, and they sent it to me for my approval yesterday. We'll be posting it on the Web site soon. It's basically the cover you've seen, with the new Metrognomes logo and my name added to it. I am to blame for how long it took to get the cover finished. I was difficult about it, and they went back and made changes to the logo. More on that later. The story and alternate logo will probably turn up under "extras" on the Metrognomes section of the Web site after the book hits shelves.
As of today, the novel finally went into full production. I should have galleys in hand between October 4 and 18. After that, I would imagine another 6 weeks or so before it goes on sale over the Internet, and maybe a couple more weeks for it to be available in stores. That's a guesstimate that has you reading the book by December.
As for The Chronicles of Nightfire, Texas, I know it's grossly overdue, but I've had absolutely no time to devote to it. #11 has been written for some time. It still has no cover art. I'm hopeful that we'll see it posted very soon, and that #12 should be posted on schedule this December.
In the meantime, if you haven't read my first two books, they are still in print! Please read them. It's been over four years since my last one came out, and I'm getting hungry. (Parents of youth in my group, ignore that request! lol. My first two books were written with another target readership in mind. Not meant for folks under 18. Hold out for Metrognomes. It was written with young people in mind.)
Now I'm off to scavenge for food.