Friday, January 22, 2016

It's Cold In Here!

Salutations!

Well, there isn't very much on the writing front to update you on this week. My work continues on the unpublishably tedious, novel-length timeline The Annals of Nod, and I am not as far along this week as I would have liked to be. I could blame the weather. Right now it's just over twenty degrees in my writing room, and this particular project isn't a very mobile one. Once I get past these timeline projects, my laptop can save me from any and all bad writing environments. I find fiction writing, once all the necessary outlining and research has been done, to be much more conducive to travel than is the preparation.

This work is so tedious though! A few days ago, I almost skipped it again and got back to the current Nod adventure's unfinished manuscript, then immediately realized (again) how very much I need this epic backstory hammered out in its entirety, so that I know where all of the floating pieces in my mind actually fit, without having to stop and sort it out mid-sentence in a manuscript. So back to the Annals I went, and shall be there again today, and almost certainly tomorrow! Hopefully by next week's blog I will have wrapped it up and gotten back to the fun part of writing again. :)

We will see. I certainly won't make that wishful goal if I don't get right back to it.

Peace!