Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Living My Stories

Just after midnight, I finished an epic novella in my continuing e-book series The Legends of Nod. Man, this one nearly killed me, and it nearly killed our hero as well. The thing that became very clear to me as I wrote this episode, more so than with anything else I've written, is that I don't just write stories, I live them. Whatever my characters are going through, I am going through with them. Whatever they are feeling, I am feeling just as intensely. This particular adventure was hard on all of us. In fact, some of us didn't even make it out alive, and those of us who did, characters and author alike, are really, really feeling it this morning. The battles we fought, the beatings we took, the friends we lost. Just taking it all in, absorbing the lessons we learned. Remembering to breathe again. I'm wiped out.

I brought my laptop to the hospital again, planning to get right into the next episode as I waited for Mom to finish her physical therapy, but as it turns out, I need to take a breather first. For the heroes of Nod, two weeks will have passed by the time I type the first word of the next episode. For me ... I should at least take a nap first. I can dream through two weeks of recovery and meet up with our heroes later this afternoon. The next adventure should be a lark, compared to what I just went through. This was a great story, but I'm really looking forward to the change of pace. We're headed to Nod's Wyyrd Outback in this next one. 'Tis a silly place. But, yeah ... I need to recharge my batteries for a little while.

Yawn!

I'll let you know how it goes. ;)