Sunday, May 15, 2005

Yesterday I added a page to my web site for haikus. Why? Because I felt like it, I suppose. That's a better answer than, "Because I haven't written anything else of substance lately, and I was hoping to pull one over on the public by posting little, silly poems on my site and saying, 'Behold my undeniable productivity!'" Actually, I haven't written these lately either, they were written many months back, when I was reminded of haikus one day, tried to write one, then couldn't stop myself. It's an addictive thing, really, once you get going. Haikus: the poetry that wrecks families. ENTER SOBBING SINGLE MOTHER: My husband (sob) just couldn't stop writing haikus. He neglected the children, was out to all hours, said he was 'working late,' but I soon learned what that meant. It's not as if I wasn't on his forwarding list when he e-mailed those sinister verses to everyone we know. I couldn't face my friends, my family turned their backs on us...and now I live in a shelter with little Timmy and baby Jezebel...all because of his haiku problem! And has anything changed? No! He still writes them. (such sobbing, the likes of which you've never seen!) And he doesn't even acknowledge it's a problem! Says our marriage ended because I was...frigid! What a dirty bastard! He can take his haikus and they can be flambed in Hell with him forever! VOICEOVER, AS SOBBING SINGLE MOTHER IS CARTED AWAY BY FILTHY GARBAGE MUNCHKINS: If you or someone you know has a haiku problem, it's not too late. Please, get help. CLOSE UP ON BADLY DRESSED CHILDREN WITH ATROCIOUS HAIR DOS: Before it's too late. Think of the people who love you. END PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT. Yeah, so I posted two yesterday, and I posted another on today. Yee-haw! The madness continues!