Saturday, February 11, 2012

Today was the first time I sat down to write since my last blog entry here. Tonight actually. I've been busy socializing and working at the office. I saw Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 3D last night, and this afternoon I saw The Woman in Black. I thought the Star Wars 3D conversion was exceptional and really enjoyed seeing it! The Woman in Black was fun. I found it sort of relaxing. I must be a freak. lol But then, I am a writer of the more than occasional ghost story. I'm working on one right now, as it turns out. I like my ghosts in this story though. I don't think of them as scary. They're actually kind of funny. :) Especially Patricia, the dachshund ghost. She seems to be paying very close attention to the story and questioning all of the holes she sees in its logic as we go. The other ghosts refuse to take her questions seriously, though, which is good for me. I get to keep telling the tale the way that I want to. She makes up for it by using very foul language. It's a fair trade off. Yes, my characters play an active role in telling the stories that I write. ;) Sometimes, we disagree on the outline, and I always let them win those arguments. Other times, when the outline is vague, or exceedingly general in its directions, I let them ad lib until the scene goes where it is supposed to go, finding its way into agreement with the next point on my outline. If I weren't a writer, I'd be a mad man. I may actually be a mad man, but it is much less noticeably when I filter all of my potential psychoses through the characters in my stories. I wrote about four pages tonight, and I would write straight through the night and into the morning to finish the story, except that I want to be fresh for work tomorrow. Long day ahead. I may write another scene at some point during the day, but Sundays are difficult, as far as finding time to write. Such full days for me! :D At any rate, I now have seven bullet points left on the "Scarecrow" outline, and I will surely return to it by Monday. Peace!