Friday, July 08, 2005

I just wanted to take a moment to say something about London. I am horrified by what happened yesterday. I remained cluless until I got home from work and read all about it on the Internet. As an American, I cannot help but feel responsible, considering they were allegedly attacked for helping us in Iraq. I hate this war. I support our troops with words and prayers, but I'd like the war to end. I was hoping such an end was in sight, then this happened. Now I hope the people behind this are located and dealt with quickly. No one can just sit back and take something like this. That's exactly how I felt on September 11, 2001. A country must take action. But where will it end? The militant Islamic factions don't see things the way we do. Jihad is one of the most chilling words I know. When someone believes they are fighting in the name of God, they will stop at nothing. If they make good on their threats of attacking still other nations, what happens then? It's something that Albert Einstein said that keeps surfacing in my thoughts, "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." I am haunted by that statement, every day that this war goes on. This is a time in history when we must all stand together, watching each other's backs. For the enemy is in the very shadows.