Saturday, June 25, 2005

I forgot to mention on Monday that I posted haiku #17. So go and read it straight away! It's sheer brilliance. On Wednesday, Molly Brimer requested another month to finish the interior illustrations. On Thursday, I came up with a proposed new schedule which still gets the overall project finished at the same date we had hoped for, but gives her some more time. On Friday, she accepted it with a thrill and all was right with the world. I think I've decided which short story to do for July, and it is none of those mentioned in my previous entry. I think "Dance Macabre" needs more room to breathe. I don't want to cram it. I want it to be able to develop as it needs to. I'm going to keep working on it, but it probably won't go up on the site this year. I plan to do another Metrognomes tie-in for October's short story, to coincide with the release of the novel. Of course, we'll have to see if it all comes together. I don't promise specifics on short stories, other than that they'll be posted quarterly. None are even on the release schedule aside from reissues of older ones. I hope to have enough written at some point to put them on the release schedule soon though. As for July's story, I think it's going to be about a woman with eleven heads. It's something I need to release.