Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I've been doing a lot. This whole "embracing my A.D.D." writing schedule is working wonderfully. I've done a great deal of research for The Chronicles of Nightfire, Texas and The Penny Dreadful, and I've written a lot more of "The Dragons of Nod." I should be spending some time today with the short story as well. "The Dragons of Nod" challenge has been to write without an outline, because the story was so well-developed in my mind that I didn't feel I needed one. Well, then we get to the place in the story where the heroes are put into seemingly hopeless situation and have to find a way out...and I'm like, "I hope you guys know how to get yourselves out of this, 'cause I'm fresh out of ideas." Up to now, everything has gone as planned or better. I know exactly what happens after they get out. I just don't know how they actually overcome the present obstacle, so that we can get on with the story. It's kind of funny, really. I'm sure something will happen. Otherwise, at least one character has to die horribly and the story goes in a direction I don't intend for it to go. These things happen. There, now when you read it, you'll be in as much suspense as to their fates as I am. Either way, it's a really fun story, and I'm enjoying myself.
Haiku #62, the gay rights haiku, went up today. Hope you enjoy it.