Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"The Briar Patch Evangelist; or, The Tale of Beater Rabbit" was published to the main site on November 18! It was uploaded for download at Lulu.com on the 20th, and the paperback version was published through Lulu.com on the 22nd! That same day, the direct link to the eBook on the site was replaced with a link to download it from Lulu.com, and the "Coming Soon!" graphic was added under advertising on the new "The Briar Patch Evangelist Special Features" page. Today, three alternate versions of the cover art and a a few trivial facts were added to the special features page as well. Now you're all caught up, so where do we go from here?

Forward! I had intended for "The Briar Patch Evangelist" to be posted last month, and I am trying to stick as close to the set release schedule as I can. The next thing that was supposed to have been released last month was the hardback of Metrognomes: The Shaman's Apprentice, which is my next project, now that Beater Rabbit is behind me. I am planning to have some merchandise related to the new short story, but have decided to wait until I get caught up completely with announced publications before getting the merchandise machine up and running again.

The bugs we had to iron out in order to get "The Briar Patch Evangelist" published in its current form, both in eBook and paperback formats, have opened the door once again for the Metrognomes hardback release. There are a number of challenges ahead here as well, since getting this one in your hands requires a number of things not necessary for a Web exclusive eBook release, but once it's done, the new system will be down, ad all future projects should move through production much more quickly! My goal, of course, is to get this project published as soon as humanly possible. I'll keep you posted as things develop.

I told you I was back! :D