Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I wrote absolutely nothing today! There simply wasn't time, once I got my energy up. I had one of those sleeps last night where I must have been sleep walking or something of the like. I felt as though I hadn't slept all night, even though I clearly had.

I did finish watching that Cities of the Underworld DVD. There were three episodes. Last night, I watched a silly, sensationalized episode about the Freemasons. I won't go into my thoughts on this, but I will say the tunnel system in Boston fascinates me. I hadn't known anything about it before. Today, I watched an episode about Vlad Dracul, which was a lot of fun. Also a bit sensationalized, but with Vlad Dracul there really isn't any need to sensationalize things. Most of it was pretty informative. Then, at long last, I got to the episode about the underground cities in Capadocia, where sits the underground city of Derinkuyu. While I did learn a lot, I still feel there is so much more to be revealed about this city. They didn't use the name Derinkuyu, but there are apparently a lot of underground cities in the area. They focused mostly on the defenses of the city, which were impressive. I will definitely take some design tips from this information into the caverns of my gnomes. They also showed some religious centers that were simply breathtaking. Still, I want much, much more. I want maps. I want an explanation of how the plumbing worked. I want to see more of the artistry of the city itself up close. I would love to find a detailed book, or to go there myself with an expert who could guide me through the tunnels and answer all of my questions directly. I will continue to investigate this city as far as I can. My sister has mentioned a book that is out there somewhere, though not in her library, about Turkey, which may cover more of the secrets of Derinkuyu. I will try to track it down.

Meanwhile, I hope to finish "Scarecrow" tomorrow. It's going to be a busy day, and an even busier weekend. If I don't have time tomorrow, it will be Monday before I can get back to the story. We may also have come to a temporary solution for some of those "business" issues with the publication of my work. I'll know how things are going to go by tomorrow, but it may be next week before anything really starts moving again. Then, the second edition of The Great Debate should be released in hardback and e-book almost right away. I can hardly wait! :D