Sunday, August 07, 2005

Okay, so I posted an update here four days ago, and all that showed up was the date. I have no idea what happened. So I deleted the blank space. Yesterday we decided to push the publication of The Chronicles of Nightfire, Texas #6 back a week, because of cover art. Sean's concept is brilliant! So no complaining. It will still go up this month. We're touching base on Tuesday, and he thinks it will only take him a day to do, but he has to do it over here, instead of at home, because he's an artist, and he must make absurd demands, because artists are eccentric, and we let them get away with it as long as they have the talent to back it up, which he does. Yesterday I went to see a reading of a one-scene play my friend Marta K. Thompson wrote. It was at the Bath House Cultural Center by White Rock Lake. I'd been lucky enough to read it as she was writing it, and even help her time it. It was cool seeing professional actors read it though. (Aside from Marta, because she's a pro herself, but this time she's the playwrite). The play was called Top Dog. It was absolutely fabulous. The other two plays that followed hers were good too. I'm feeling better, by the way, think I'll come back to life this week. If the world will have me!