Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Eve Ghost Story Reading

Since I last updated this particular blog, I've accomplished very little, I think. The cover of my upcoming hardback novella The Chronicles of Nightfire, Texas, Volume I: The Vampire Murders was published on GlennSladeClarkJr.com today. "The Briar Patch Evangelist" was reclassified as an 18 and up story, thanks to the feedback of an astute reader in regards to the graphic violence of the tale. The cover art for "The Christmas Spirit" is running behind but should be up soon.

Now for the fun announcement:

I am doing a reading of "The Ghost in the Olive Grove" on Christmas Eve. Here is the invite:

 
 
This is an experimental reading, as I have no idea what sort of attendance we will get on Christmas Eve in Dallas. If it works, I'm hoping to revive this particular Victorian Christmas tradition as an annual event. Should that be the case, we'll do more publicity for the reading next year. I've chosen "The Ghost in the Olive Grove" as this year's selection, because it is a good length, creepy as all get out (so I'm told), and it's something I can read to teenagers, should they show up, without violating any of the laws of my day job. We'll be serving cookies and hot chocolate and then darkening the room for a reading by candle light. I'm super stoked about this, and I hope to see as many of you there as are up for it. :)