Monday, February 27, 2012

I've been sick and a bit low energy. Something's been going around since the weekend I spent at Bridgeport with the youth. I've been fighting it off, refusing to succumb. My mother has it to an extreme. I've really just had to deal with a scratchy throat, very mild cough, and bouts of laryngitis. This, combined with exhaustion from not having had any down time since the weekend at Bridgeport (which was wonderful), has led to a fairly unproductive week of writing. Last night, therefore, I made the conscious decision to do nothing on Monday, which I have now accomplished quite tremendously. I needed a day of down time, and I knew it. I feel much better as a result. :) I just sort of lounged around and continued my reading of Anne Rice's The Wolf Gift. It's hard to put down! In fact, I have to force myself to do so each time. I'm relieved at how different her take on werewolves is from mine, and excited by her own original spin on the mythology. Her werewolf reminds me, to a degree, of the Spectre (my favorite comic book character ever). He's sort of a bloodthirsty, avenging hero. I can tell how much fun she had writing this, and that makes it so much fun to read. :) I'll get back to writing tomorrow, feeling refreshed. The sickness has almost completely left me at this point, and I'm feeling very refreshed after my day of peaceful respite. Now, back to the couch and that very good book!